Microsoft Word is loaded with tools and feature that can simplify your work and present the information in a simple manner. Mind Map is one such way of displaying information in an easily understandable manner. A mind map is a simple diagrammatic representation of information that helps in connecting related ideas around a central thought.
Microsoft Word has many creations and drawing tools that can be used to create mind maps. By applying little creativity in using these tools into a document, you can create some amazing mind maps.
As a matter of fact, by learning Microsoft Word’s drawing and creation tools, the requirement of mind mapping software applications can be avoided completely. So, with a little bit of creative imagination, you are good to go to create mind-blowing mind maps!
In this blog post, we will learn the different ways to create mind maps using Microsoft Word.
To get you started to take a look at the steps below to create a mind map Microsoft word style.
– In Microsoft Word toolbar, click the Insert tab and select Shapes option.
– In the drop-down menu, you will see different shapes option.
– Click the shape you want to select.
– You can select any shape and adjust the size using the handles.
– Click the “Text Box” tab from the “Insert Menu” to type the main topic inside the circle.
– You can change the colours and border of the shape by right-clicking it.
– Right-click the shape and select “Format Text Box”.
– Click the “Colors and Lines” tab.
– Select “No Color” in the Color drop-down menu.
– Click “OK” to confirm.
Doing this will hide the border of the text box.
– To add similar concepts in the mind map, repeat steps 1 to 4.
– To show the relationship between the different branches of the main topic
– Open “Insert” tab
– Select “Shapes”
– Click on a line to represent the relationship.
So, this is one of the ways to create a mind map using Shapes in Microsoft Word.
After learning to create mind maps using Shapes in Microsoft Word, we will now see how to create it using SmartArt.
SmartArt is available in the INSERT menu option.
This feature comes with pre-built diagrams which can be altered as per the requirement. You will find many different outlines to use from.
Always remember to save the mind map you create.
To do so, you need to select the entire map. Copy it to the location that has all your mind maps or visuals.
This way you will not have to create one new one every time you start.
Once you learn to create a mind map using Microsoft Word, you can start doing it all by yourself.
Follow the process shown above to create mind maps using Shapes and SmartArt in Microsoft Word.
Learning Mind Map will help you communicate better and be more productive.
To learn about more such feature of Microsoft Word, check out our basic and advanced level courses at Elearno.